Code of Conduct
Basic Regulations / Guidelines for safety and security of devotees staying in Prasanthi Nilayam
In order to make your stay in the Ashram purposeful in furthering your progress in Sadhana, kindly adhere to the following guidelines :
- Be austere, simple and live with minimum comforts, while at the Ashram.
- Be calm and do not show haste. Do not waste time;always utter “Sairam” within yourselves.
- The devotees are required to maintain absolute silence. They should move to Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba's Sannidhi in an orderly manner without any haste. The Sannidhi will be kept open after the Bhajans, both in the morning and in the evening, till the last devotee offers his/her prayers to Him.
- Adhere to the Ashram Dress code strictly. For both men and women, wearing shorts /sleeveless shirts/ transparent and semi-transparent clothes, tight-fitting dresses are not permitted in the Ashram. Women are required to dress to their ankles and a dupatta/shawl is compulsory.
- Take care of personal hygiene as well as the surroundings. Do not spit or litter anywhere; use the trash cans. Tobacco products, paan, alcoholic drinks, narcotics and non-vegetarian food are strictly prohibited in the Ashram.
- Ladies and Gents have to move separately in the Ashram. Hugging, kissing etc., are out of place in the Ashram premises.
- Do not group with persons/relatives/friends and indulge in long talks or socializing in the Ashram.
- Take care of your belongings while in the Ashram ; this is a pilgrim center and people from various backgrounds visit this place every day.
- Take your food in any of the three canteens or outlets in the Ashram only. Do not waste food, water and electricity.
- Do not move out of the Ashram needlessly. Be cautious of touts/brokers/thieves/ tricksters. Please do not encourage beggars.
- Please report immediately about the unsociable / doubtful elements to the Security officer or the Seva Dal volunteers or police posts nearby.
- Please do not move around at night especially after lights-off time at 9.00 P.M
- In case one desires to donate cash, he / she may approach the Ashram Donations Office in Room No.2 (Opposite to ladies entrance of South Indian Canteen) and deposit the money in the State Bank of India, Prasanthi Nilayam branch and obtain an acknowledgement from the Banker. Donations by Cheque/DD can be submitted at the Donations office in Room No.2 adjacent to the SBI branch premises inside the Ashram. For more information about donations, please visit this link at the website of Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust. Avoid strangers/persons who seek donations in cash or kind for other NGOs or private benefit.
- Photography in the Ashram is strictly prohibited.
- CCTV cameras are installed at various places in the Ashram in the interest of devotees visiting the Ashram, to ensure their safety and security.
- Please co-operate while undergoing security checks at the entrance. Avoid carrying items like knife, lighter, match sticks etc.
- If any item / article / valuables are found by you anywhere, please hand them over at the Public Relations Office or Security Office nearby.
Jai Sai Ram!